|Posted by Tina on January 18, 2012 at 11:50 PM|
You walk into the store (Target, Walmart, etc) and you see footballs all over the place. You think to yourself, hey isn't super bowl coming up? You send a text some close friends asking what they are doing for Super Bowl Sunday--while you shop for some other things. You start to get texted back and everyone is like, "not sure yet, why". You reply, I was thinking of putting together something...(And then you begin planning).
Now you start thinking, what do I do. Here are some tips on inexpensive sure fire fast ways to get a party together.
1st. Send out invitations, evites, text messages, or create a FB invitation. Even make some phone calls to get a faster more accurate response of who will attend. Some people, even yourself may not be sure of the date and want to make sure that everyone at least is on the same page as to what time you would like for them to arrive.Also if you want people to bring something this would be a good time to let them know.
2. Food- remember it is a football game. Think light foods. Everyone wants something they can munch on throughout the game and some hand foods that can be eaten during the (I don't want to miss the commercial breaks). Consider Pizza, subs, hotdogs, hamburgers or some take out chinese food (lo mein and fried chicken). Don't forget to have plenty of chips, dip and sweets. All the yelling and jumping up and down uses a lot of energy. Make sure you have plenty of fluids everyone will be thirsty.
3. Decorations (My specialty) - Get your guest into the game spirit and make your party not only look better but feel better then all the rest. Balloons and streamers they are simple, easy and inexpensive.
Tableware-make sure to get some plates and napkins with Super Bowl Para on it. Oh yeah, and make sure to use some nice plastic table clothes in the color of your chosen team. This makes for easy clean up at the end of the night. Wrap it all up and put it in the garbage (except for the bottles of course--recylce).
4. Fun- Hand our football themed novalties. Clappers, whistles, inflatable foot balls. It allows everyone to see who can make the most noise when their team is winning. Besides, each guest now gets to go home with an adult party favor.
5. Seating- Make sure to have seating or at least warn your guest what the seating arrangements will be on the invitation so they can choose to bring their own chair, pillow, or stool if you don't already have enough for the number of guest you plan to have. If your party is anything like mine use to be sitting is not an option...Anything is better then sitting on those cold bleachers and paying loads of money for travel, rentals, hotels, tickets, and parking.
6. Clean up- Don't just throw everything away. Get a tote from Home Depot that fits under your bed and save any favors that can be used for next year. Helps to save you money and time with shopping. Besides now this has just become a ritual and next year you wont go into the store thinking--oh yeah The Super Bowl is coming. lol.
With a little bit of planning and imagination you can pull this event off with out a hitch. I hope my tips helped to get you geared up and ready for the big game. I know I will be. Thanks for reading.
Compliments of www.umojaevents.com 646-522-9869